Meta Meta began as a Self-Help Group to support women infected with HIV/AIDS in the community to enable them to sustain themselves. In the same year, Meta Meta Children's Home/ Development Centre was organized by the self-help group so that it could cater for infected women and also accommodate children as well. It was then registered under the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Development. Today, Meta Meta rescues newborn abandoned babies that arrive through the police, children's officers, and local authorities.
- Provide and educative environment for needy children and infected women
- Provide care and support to orphans and vulnerable children in society
- To establish sustainable community structures
- To provide physiological and economic support to community members
- To rescue tortured children from the community